Saturday, January 28, 2012

Built myself a new computer

Had some money to spare, so I invested them in a new computer.


Ignore the computer screen. It's from back in like 2007 or something.

Shopping list looked like this:

* Intel i7 2600k (this is purely for number crunching)
* Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
* Fractal Design R3
* Corsair TX 750 V2 This was a lemon. Bought a Corsair HX 750 locally and will be demanding a refund for the defective TX.
* Corsair 2x4Gb 1333Mhz XMMS3
* MSI GeForce GTX570 Twin Frozr III OC/PE
* Intel SSD 320 Series, 40 Gb SATA II
* Western Digital Caviar Black, 500 Gb, SATA III

Went for around $2000.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase (except for the dud that was the TX 750). The CPU is wonderful for number crunching, the GPU packs on hell of a wallop for it's fairly modest price, the chassis is beautiful and quiet. The mother board has some quirks when it boots up, running through EFI/BIOS multiple times, (I think it's because it has multiple SATA controllers), but I can live with that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice build. What kinds of numbers are you crunching with it? I'll be doing a pretty interesting AIO computer build over at nerd forum myself before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fulfill your dreams (11589)
    we gives you the easiest way to increase income
    For more details visit: http://eazy2earn.com

    ReplyDelete