Saturday, January 29, 2011

Impressive Dutch coin, courtesy of Free Software

I was doing an unrelated google image search when an unusual looking coin caught my eye.



I was intrigued, and found my way to a blog post by the coin's designer, who it turns out created it with open source software and python code (and this is a real coin that's gone to production, not just a mock up that stayed on a computer). A lot of thought went into the design, and the blog post was well worth the read.

The post in question can be found here: How to Make Money with Free Software @ pythonide.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is overwhelming. I'm familiar with his blog but this baby slipped right across me. Thanks for updating it here. I know some old fashioned python but could never accomplish to create such art works, I guess I should have learned it from better professionals :(

    ReplyDelete